Slow Cooked Chocolate, Chestnut & Hazelnut Brownies
Whilst flicking through Food Magazine I came across this recipe by chef de partie Stacey Gouldthorpe – what an interesting way of using your slow cooker. Enjoy…!
160g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
30g Cocoa Powder
1 tsp Sea salt
220g Dark chocolate
60g Unsalted butter
125g Caster sugar
3 large eggs
200g Roasted hazelnuts, chopped
200g Chestnut puree
125g Chocolate chips
- Line the slow cooker with grease and parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a bain-marie.
- Add the sugar to the melted chocolate and stir.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs until light and fluffy then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Add the flour mixture, chopped hazelnuts, chestnut puree and chocolate chips.
- Cook on a low heat for 3 1/2 hours with the lid on.
- Take the lid off and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Once firm, remove and serve warm with malted milk ice-cream and a light dusting of icing sugar